Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Rest ~ 31 Days of Adirondack Memories < #write31days >

Welcome to day 31, 
 the END of  
 the #write31days challenge 
and my 
"31 Days of Adirondack Memories" series!!

THANK YOU for sticking with me for a month of
poetry and reflection on 
our summers in the most magical place 
on Earth!

Today's theme~~ 
Rest



 There is a rickety redwood picnic table. There are bare, sandy feet.  There are stacks of books and board games.  And up on Route 9, there is the comforting fixture of our American flag waving, though largely unnoticed. There is homemade potato salad and a plate stacked with slices of tomato and cucumber. There are fishing rods leaning by the cabin door; haphazard piles of sandals and flip flops alongside.
            Today there was dock jumping and row boating and mussel hunting. Then as the sun dipped low behind the mountains ringing Schroon, after a day all too fleeting, there is the whisper-y fragrance of citronella and hickory barbeque and the familiar July crescendo of cicadas.
            There is the Big Dipper and Cassiopeia, easily spied overhead night after night in the vast, velvety blankness. There is someone randomly asking, “Can anyone spot the Pleiades?” and “Who’s up for a game of Trivial Pursuit?” 

  And most vividly, there are hushed, happy voices, familiar lilts and inflections, saying nothing of huge importance, but enveloping me in safe-ness. Just as I hope that we are creating a haven that shrouds our kids in much the same...the safety, the memories, the goodness.


2008





Incidentally, The Five Minute Friday Book is available for purchase!
~~ I'm honored that one of my stories is  included within~~ 

By the way, if your kids are fans of hands-on science and


The $10/ month  offering is good through the end of October. 




Thank you for spending some of your precious time today
here at my home on the web! 

Have you signed up to receive my posts in your email inbox?
   If not, just click here to 
quickly and easily  so we can be in touch regularly!
You might wish to follow on Facebook as well.....



If you are shopping at  amazon and Target
or shopping for Halloween costumes
why not consider clicking through my link
In this way, I will receive a small commission on the purchase.....
at no cost to you.
THANK YOU!

Until next time,






~Chris

BTW, I'm offering photo services and customized
photo packages for your blog or business!
< Subscribers receive a deep discount! > 

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like my cup of tea! We love the outdoors. So glad I found your blog today over at #FMF. I am #30 this week. God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.. .....
I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!
I will reply right here in the combox; so please check back if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Unfortunately, I've had to reactivate comment moderation due to frequent spam. So sorry you have to deal with this inconvenience.

If you'd like, you can contact me instead via email ~
campfiresandcleatsATgmail DOT com.